Peter Mac is home to many large group studies, collecting biospecimens (such as blood samples) and survey data from people with cancer to build large open-access resources for innovative research projects.
RESEARCH COHORT STUDIES
Some studies also collect information from people who have never had cancer.
Cohort studies give not only our researchers, but also researchers worldwide, access to a vast array of ethically collected clinical samples and associated clinical data.
As a Peter Mac patient, you may be asked if you wish to participate in one of these studies without referral, to benefit cancer research.
Learn more about the following research cohort studies:
- Australian Ovarian Cancer Study (AOCS)
- BROCADE – BReast Origin CAncer tissue DonatEd after death
- CASCADE – Cancer Tissue Collection After Death
- Cancer 2015
- International Sarcoma Kindred Study
- Melanoma Research Victoria (MRV)
- ViP: Variants in Practice