Supporting the clinical services of the pharmacy, our comprehensive research program aims to;
- Improve the knowledge base for safe and effective use of medicines, including predicting and improving the way that medicines work (pharmacogenomics, pharmacology and pharmacodynamics) and how they are handled in the body (pharmacokinetics),
- Improve safety systems for medicines use,
- Improve information for patients and clinicians about cancer medicines,
- Develop, implement and evaluate innovative roles for pharmacists and pharmacy related technologies, and
- Determine and improve cost-effective use of medicines (pharmaco-economics).